A sixteen room compound house at Kublemahaku in Tamale has been gutted by fire in the early hours of Tuesday morning. The fire destroyed properties worth thousands of Ghana cedi’s.
According to occupants of the house, Mma Ayishatu the fire started in the early hours of Tuesday morning destroying everything in its way. By the time Personnel from the Ghana fire Service at the Sagnarigu station arrived at the scene late it was too late to salvage properties.
“I saw smoke coming out from the room close to mine, at the time I was bagging foodstuffs for the market. I don’t have anything left on me, my clothes and everything in my room is burnt. I am appealing to the general public for support”.
Caretaker of the house Mohammed Ahmed speaking to Pan African News said though he does not know the cause of the fire but suspects lightening to be the cause.
Story by Brimah Abdul-Majid